Remember to uninstall the previous version!
Here's the readme:
- Run setup.exe to install the game.
- Launch via the desktop shortcut or the start menu.
- When you first run the game it will create a Rogue Survivor folder in your documents folder.
Typically on Windows XP:
"My Documents\Rogue Survivor\
This folder will contains your saves, grave files, screenshots, configuration and manual.
- To uninstall the game, uninstall as any application in Windows.
- You can then delete your Rogue Survivor game folder create during installation.
> PROBLEM : GAME DOESN'T START OR CRASHES EARLY!
If the game doesn't start or crash when you start a new game try the following steps one by one.
Restart your computer after each install.
1. Update your DirectX installation.
Download "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" from Microsoft here:
2. Update your .NET Framework.
Download ".NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable" from Microsoft there:
3. Update your .NET Frmakework part 2.
Download "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1" from Microsoft
4. Update your graphics card drivers.
> PROBLEM : I WAS AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND THE GAME CRASHED!
Disable your screensaver.
> OTHER BUGS
If you tried the previous solution the game still crashes it should show you a game log.
Please follow the instructions and send the log to the email below.
You can also send the last save file.
You can also contact me if you think you spotted a bug that didn't crash your game.
> CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS VERSION
Check the readme in the docs folder of your game installation for a detailled list of changes.
> CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS VERSION
Alpha 3 changes
- Stacking items in full inventory works properly.
- Dropping items on full ground inventory try to stack then remove oldest item.
- Post mortem on more than one page works correctly.
- Barricading when there is someone there is not allowed.
- Undeads now correctly see Army as enemies.
- Fixed a rare crash in map generation caused by bad rng.
- Attacking a door don't bypass the barricade anymore.
- Various typos.
- Give orders and directives to your followers.
- Weather : sunny, cloudy, rain and heavy rain.
- Scoring with difficulty rating based on game options.
- Hi Scores table in game and in a text file.
- New action : Wait for one hour, can be interrupted.
- New action : Give items to someone.
- Smaller maps by default, more action.
- 2 new events.
- Zombie Invasions grow larger as time passes.
- Some undeads can level up by killing.
- 7 new enemies, both undeads and alive.
- Some undeads actively try to break everything in sight.
- Skeleton speed increased to 1.
- CHAR Guards now warn once before attacking.
- New item type : lights, increase your view distance.
- New skill and item type : Bows.
- Sleeping now keep sleeping until fully restored.
- Food items are less nutritive but more common.
- Light Eater skill also decrease hungry threshold.
- Awake skill also increase sleep regeneration speed.
- Ranged weapons have an efficient range.
- Firing while running gives penalties to hit chances.
- Much less district exits, some neighbouring districts might even not be linked at all.
- Various new items.
- Various map generation, items, actors, skills and rules balancing.
- As a result of changes and default options, this should be a harder game.
INTERFACE & MANUAL
- Look at the map and manage items directly with the mouse, no more Look/Inventory mode.
- Dying goes back to the main menu rather than exiting.
- New action : Abandon game, kill yourself.
- Abort district simulation if it is taking too long for your liking.
- Keyboard should be more responsive.
- Added missing elements in manual.
- Added a hint section in the manual for beginners.
GRAPHICS & MUSIC
- 2 new musics.
- National Guards and CHAR Guards have names and are dolls like civilians.
- Enable/Disable animations delay.
- Control accuracy of district simulation.
- Enable/disable NPCs death by starvation.
- Smaller maps by default (75x75) but bigger city (4x4).
- Option screen shows difficulty rating.
- Improved civilian AI items management.
- Improved civilian AI fight or flee logic.
- Improved civilian AI follower behavior.
- Improved civilian AI sleep behavior.
- Improved civilian AI run logic.
End of post.