Alpha 10.1 is here!
Get it in the download page. You can get the source code as well.
Here's the readme. Have fun!
ALPHA 10.1 CHANGES
A minor update, mostly bugfixes and a couple of new features and tweaks.
For devs a new experimental useful/hilarious/depressing/infuriating Bot Mode.
(1) (Stability) Ordering followers to drop all items could crash the game.
(2) (Rules) Group members could trigger each other trap (eg: your follower triggering your trap).
(3) (Stability) AI detected to attempt illegal or looping actions will not crash or lock the game anymore.
They will just say something about it instead and wait a turn.
NEW OPTION : AUTOSAVE
- New option: AutoSave Period, by default 24h.
- The game will autosave at regular intervals when you:
- start to sleep
- start a long wait
- or change map/district
- Manually saving the game will reschedule the next autosave.
NEW GAMEPLAY : STEALING FOLLOWERS
- Can steal followers if you have a higher Charismatic skill than their current leader.
- Just use the lead command on someone that has already a leader.
- The AIs can do it too!
UI : NEW ICON FOR NPC CARRYING VITAL ITEMS
- If an NPC has an item that is vital for you in your current condition, it will get a yellow $ icon.
- Vital items :
- Food when you are hungry
- Blue pills when sleepy
- Healing meds (bandages, medikit) when injured
- Curing meds (purple pills) when infected
- Keep in mind there is no guarantee the NPCs will trade the item with you. The icon is just there to help you notice the npc.
- New layout variant for houses : apartments, aka "cramped places of death".
- CHAR Agencies have books and magazines... which will probably be looted very quickly.
- Cells doors are now unbreakable, because NPCs will now actually try to break free when trapped!
- "That person" down there can now be in any of the cells, not always the last one.
- Moved Jason Myers spawn point so he's more likely to roam around.
Also gave him more stamina and made him more agressive.
- Increased max number of nurses starting trapped in hospital storage rooms.
- Civilian followers are now much more likely to lay traps and build fortifications.
They were previously too busy following their leader. You should see much more traps and fortifications around.
"Light Feet" skill can be a life saver!
- NPCs will not pick up traps layed by themselves or their group.
No more followers messing with your clever trap layout.
- NPCs will never trade away unique items unless for another unique item.
- Hungry civs searching for food will angrily push objects around only when inside. Pushing cars outside is not a productive food search
- NPCs leaders are a bit less likely to get stuck waiting for followers forever.
- Improved Explore and Wander behaviors logic. As a side effect, they can try to break free when trapped or blocked.
- Closing gates do not insta-kill anymore but inflict large damage, and if the victim is still alive the gate will not close.
- Book bore chance up to 10% (was 5%)
- Added a bunch of new names and surnames for NPCs.
- City Size option has now no effect on difficulty. There are both advantages and disadvantages for large cities so in the end it evens up.
- You can now bump into things to break them instead of using the Break command, but it will ask for confirmation.
- Typos fixes.
- Misc manual fix: removed obsolete mention that killing in self-defense is murder.
- Most changes in the source code marked by "// alpha 10.1".
- New experimental Bot Mode in Debug build only: AI takes control of player.
- Press INSERT to toggle ai taking control of the player.
Will work for any ActorModel that has a default controller defined. As of alpha 10.1 that means all actors.
- The character controlled by the bot is still considered as the player by most of the game rules, the other AIs etc...
- Remember AIs do not leave districts so the bot won't either.
- The Bot will handle everything a player has to do : answer trade offers, choose skills upgrades etc...
- When the Bot is exploring, keep in mind it make no use of the player fov memory of the maps, so it is suboptimal when
exploring for the player. Also the ais make no use of the messages the player is receiving like "you hear fighting..." etc...
- Fix (3) about AI not crashing the game is only in Release build. Debug build will still throw exceptions etc...
Faulty AIs should not crash or lock the game in Release if possible.
And remember, die with a smile!