Alpha 3.1 changes
New safe and easy to use installer.
Remember to uninstall your previous version with the old method (see Game FAQ on the blog if you have problems).
- Graveyard shows correct starting skill.
- Can't give items to sleeping people anymore.
- Breaking a stackable weapon does not break the whole stack (eg: crowbars).
- Actors activity when moving to a bed was incorrectly set to "Sleeping".
- Order : barricading max was barricading only once.
- Humans HP increased to 15.
- Loud noises can wake up nearby sleeping actors.
- People dying from starvation can turn into zombies (option).
- New skill : Light Sleeper, increase sensibility to loud noises.
- New items : Ammo items.
- New action : Reload weapons.
- New action : Shout, try to wake up nearby sleepers (default key S).
- New command : City Information, shows city layout (default key I).
- New command : Messages log, view more recent messages (default key Shift-M).
- New order : Guard (position).
- New order : Patrol (zone).
- Exhausted actors have a chance to collapse (forced sleep).
- 1 new ally.
- 3 new enemies - for middle and late game.
- Some undeads evolution slowed down.
- Disciple HP slightly weakened.
- Scents duration increased (undeads using smell tracking will chase longer).
- Trackers items now have batteries (eg: cellphones).
- Long wait interrupts more often.
- Starting Food and Sleep points of civilians randomized.
- 1 Easter Egg to find.
- Rebalanced items Shotgun and Crossbows.
- Rebalanced skills Light Eater and Awake.
- Increasing civilians increase difficulty rating rather than decreasing it.
- More items variety in Parks.
- A rare but very useful item available in late game.
- Various minor changes.
- As a result of changes, early game is MUCH easier, difficulty is more progressive and fighting is more viable.
INTERFACE & MANUAL
- Removed "pull" in "push/pull", some people expected to be able to pull on their own tile.
- Scoring and Difficulty shown in game.
- "Sunny" weather changed to "Clear".
- Batteries displayed as hours left.
- Player Sleep/Food points also displayed as hours left until Sleepy/Hungry.
- Graveyard shows options modified.
- Switch place command default key Control-S (S rebinded to the new Shout command).
- The game prevents you from wasting food and meds when you don't need them.
- Updated manual.
GRAPHICS & MUSIC
- 3 new musics.
- Access to graphics and music files - no "official" content modding support yet, this will come later.
*** Warning : Looking at the resource files will spoil the game secrets for you ***
Bunch of new options to control the gameplay.
- New option : Zombification rate, control chances of living victims zombification.
- New option : Starved Zombification, control chances of starved livings turning into zombies.
- New option : Reveal starting district, yes/no.
- New option : Simulate while sleeping, yes/no.
- New option : Allow undeads evolution, yes/no.
- New option : Day Zero percent of undeads.
- New option : Daily increase of zombie invasion.
- Max number of undeads limit raised to 300.
- Rebalanced default settings.
- Rebalanced difficulty computation.
- Improved AI use of cellphones.
- Improved AI use of lights.
- AI make use of the Shout action to wake up nearby sleeping friends when seeing enemies (that includes your followers).
- Improved AI fight or flee logic (yes again).
- Improved AI item management (yes again).
- Changed Cautious vs Courageous directives effects.
- As a result of changes, Civilians should be more slightly competent in melee fighting and followers more useful as fighters/guards/mules.
And remember : die with a smile!
End of post.