UPDATE: mmh the screens weren't clear enough it seems so let me detail this feature.
When you die...
- You get the choice to reincarnate or not.
- Your dead character still gets its post mortem etc... and for all intent and purpose you can consider the game lost.
- You then control a random existing NPC in the current game world (= you take control of a previously AI controlled character). You have almost no control over this process, so you first character is still the most important one for you.
- Your score is resetted, you loose your memory etc...
- Continue playing in the game world as you left it.
- So you can in theory continue to play indefinitly in the same game world.
- Reincarnation in a living body is limited to civilians.
- You can get funny reincarnations as a zombie rat, as the Sewers Thing (if lucky!)...
You can still die normally of course.
Play as a classic roguelike with permadeath (and noreload) or explore the world through various characters...
Its new, its fun. You can use it or not.
End of post.