I think I know where it comes from but I must be sure before sentencing the culprit to death by coding.
The game appears to freeze randomly and you have to kill the application.
- Play the game doh.
- Same very often. I mean very very often. Like often, but a lot.
- Oh My God! The dreaded Freezing Game bug! :-/
- Kill the game.
- Restart and load.
- If the bugs happens again at about the same time, "YOU ARE WINNER"! (well sorta).
- ZIP the save game file. It is located in your documents folder, eg:
- Mail me, or if you can't, host the file somewhere (mediafire, rapidshare....).
Let me think...
Drink a lot? No.
Have fun with fan girls?... Ah...
FIX THE DAMN BUG? Ah yes!
I'll do it in fun way :
- I'll play the game in debug mode and made a video of it, posted on youtube in my "Play!" serie.
- If the bug happens.I'll keep recording while I debug it, so you'll get to see the code and me raging at it :p
Bug hunt will start at part 7. Wish me luck (or un-luck).
If all goes well, I'll fix the bug asap and release a patch/a 4.11 version.
If found a cause for the bug, but it might be not the only one. A similar bug might be lurking elsewhere so still need your help.
Here is the BugCast :p
Rogue Survivor - 7. BugCast Alpha 4.1!
Rogue Survivor - 8. BugCast Alpha 4.1!
Rogue Survivor - 9. BugCast Alpha 4.1!
For the curious/impatient, jump to the 3rd video at 8:00 to see the bug and the debug session.
End of post.