Check the download page! Report bugs!
It's been a long time, hasn't it?
Well first things first, the download and then the explanations.
This one is zip only, no installer.
ALPHA 6.1CHRISTMAS CHANGES
This version is a 6.0 bugfix.
Computer died. Lost sources to 6.1 but retrieved 6.0.
That means forget 6.1 changes including the infamous armor bug!
Let's pretend 6.1 never existed.
1. (Engine) Player long-waiting was sometimes not interrupted when attacked.
2. (Manual) Incorrectly mentioned 3 skill levels.
3. (Reincarnation) Difficulty was not updated when switching sides (remember difficulty is divived by life number).
4. (Undead) Starting a new game as Zombified Male prevented you from starting new games as Female Zombified.
5. (Crash) Crash on Win7 with DirectX gfx engine when minimizing/switching windows.
- 2 new unique NPCs.
- Dead people always drop their ammo and food.
- All game user data now located in the game installation directory rather than user documents.
- Removed installer, the game ships as a zip.
And remember, die with a smile!
WE NEED TO TALK
First sorry for the obvious lack of update, activity and most of all sorry for not answering emails and not following up on the java test.
- I have a job since June or so and as you may guess it is time consuming.
- My goold old trusty computer died and took with him alpha 6.1 to the grave.
So I thought I would find the time and code a little something this christmas for you guys.
I thought I made a backup of the 6.1 project, but unfortunately I didn't and got 6.0 instead. No biggie, 6.1 was a minor update and had the infamous armor bug. So I started anew and here is 6.1christmas. Its a bugfix version with a couple of NPC.
RS future is unclear. It depends on how things go for me, the position of the stars, the moon cycles, and whether Cthulu finally comes back or not.
Voilà mes amis. Joyeux Noël! Merry Christmas! Happy Braineating!
End of post.