Check le download page et report le bugs.
ALPHA 7 CHANGESFin of post.
Lots of new stuff most notably : Game modes with Infection and Corpses.
NEW GAMEPLAY - GAME MODES
- When starting a new game you choose a game mode...
- STD - Standard - the standard game like in previous versions
- different types of zombies.
- instant zombification.
- C&I - Corpses & Infection
- disabled instant zombification.
- livings are infected by some undead bites (the ones who regain their hp when they hit you). see below for details on infection.
- when a living dies it becomes a corpse. see below for details on corpses.
- there are still evolution and different types of zombies, if you want to be more hardcore, see VTG.
- VTG - Vintage - the must for hardcore classic zombies fans
- all the features of C&I.
- no different types of zombies, only zombified man and woman.
- no zombie evolution.
- In vintage you can still start the game as another type of zombie if you want.
- Special case for the player : will immediatly turn into a zombie if dying infected (no corpse).
NEW GAMEPLAY - INFECTION (if game mode has it)
- Infection rated as % of actor resistance to infection.
- Resistance to infection = infection "hitpoints" = actor max Hitpoints + max Stamina.
- As infection % increase there are ill effects.
- 100% or more infection can trigger death.
- Does not increase or decrease by itself over time : heal with meds, worsen with bites.
NEW GAMEPLAY - CORPSES (if game mode has them)
- A corpse will slowly decay to finally turn into dust and disapear.
- A corpse might raise to become a zombie, with a delay of 6 hours (the infection takes some time to revive the dead).
- Chances to raise depends on a number of factors :
- the time since death.
- the infection level of the living who died.
- corpses are much more likely to raise at night.
- Explosions (grenades) damage corpses.
- I'm sure you guys will find all kinds of funny exploits/bugs with corpses ^^
- New Action: Drag Corpse.
- move a corpse with you.
- slows you down and is a tiring action.
- New Action: Butcher Corpse (living)
- inflict damage to the corpse to accelerate the decay and eventually destroy it.
- New Action: Eat Corpse (undead)
- inflict damage to the corpse and regen hp.
- New Skill : Necrology
- damage bonus vs undeads and corpses when butchering them.
- examining corpses will give you more info :
at level 1 = estimation of date of death.
at level 3 = estimation of infection.
at level 5 = estimation of chances to rise as a zombie.
- new Gangs: There are now 2 gangs of Bikers & 2 gangs of Gangsta.
Each gang is an enemy of the other one and they will fight each other.
- Zombifieds: with the AGILE skill can jump like the ZM does.
- Zombifieds: with the STRONG skill can push like the ZM does.
- Zombifieds: keep half of their past life skills (previously was only 1 skill at level 1).
- Zombifieds: spawned zombifieds (invasion) start with some random skills, half of what a living would get.
- Undeads: undeads gain a skill every two nights (night 1, 3...) from a limited set.
- Each unique survivor has a unique weapon.
- New Armors: The 2 biker gangs have a different jacket with different stats; Police Riot armor.
- New Light: Big Flashlight -for a lack of a better name- FoV+2 but spent fast.
- New Med: Antiviral pills in Hospital & CUF.
- Medkit heal a bit of infection.
- Grenade deals more damage.
- New unique weapons for BB, SM and RJ.
- Gangs: smaller squads but a bit more likely to come (to take advantage of the rival gangs feature)
- Zombies & Rats eat corpses.
- Livings AIs use meds to cure their infection when appropriate.
- All Undeads AIs will push objects around if they are able to.
- Hungry angry civilians will push all kinds of objects around (tables...).
- Removed useless "The weather stayed XXX" entries.
- New gfx for different stages of rotting corpses (flies).
Note to modders:
- the gfx has 2 frames for each 5 stages of rot and moves by +-2 pixels.
- the corpses are rotated and scaled gfxs of actors.
- Sfx when a corpse rise.
- Sfw when an undead eat a corpse.
- Dead undeads(sic) don't drop remains gfx anymore, while it was nice it made saved game unecessary larger as days passed.
Blood is still in though cause it's fun and be useful to the player.
- Meds: Added INF for infection.
- Meds: All meds stats are now moddable (ex:bandages can help regain STA or whatever).
- Lights: added FOV bonus.
And remember, die with a smile!